Monday, June 15, 2015

TPT Seller Challenge #1: Makeover Madness

I'm participating in the TPT Seller Challenge this week and the first task was to revamp one of our older products and blog about it.  It's crazy to see how much better my product designing has become in just 3 short years.  I look back at some of my very first projects and cringe just a little inside because now I KNOW I can make them look better.  However, I'd honestly rather work on a new product than spend precious time going back to an older one.  Thankfully, this challenge gave me no choice!  I knew immediately which product I wanted to give a much-needed makeover to.  It's my all-time best-seller and was one of the very first products I put into my shop waaay back in 2012.  Its cover previously looked like this:

and now it looks like this:


I guess it took me a few years to learn that the description can be in the listing instead of on the cover page. Haha!  I'm very happy to have a cleaner, more inviting cover page to advertise one of my best products.  I also changed the backgrounds for the anchor charts and updated some older fonts with my own.  It's so neat seeing your own handwriting on a product!  So what do you think?


You can check out the newly-edited product in my store HERE.  It'll be on sale for the next 4 days!

Thank you, thank you, to the girls behind this Seller Challenge.  I knew it needed to be done, but it took a good swift kick in the butt to make it happen.  Visit the ladies below to see all the sellers participating in this challenge!

 http://www.thirdinhollywood.com/http://www.teachcreatemotivate.com/
http://sparklinginsecondgrade.blogspot.com/http://www.peppyzestyteacherista.com/
 

4 comments:

  1. Super great job on your Makeover! I would totally use this if I still taught 4th grade Science!!!! I agree I definitely would rather create new products than re-do old ones but I am hoping the pay off is worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I love the clean look you've designed with this challenge. It looks fantastic!

    Katie
    Simply Creative in KY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new cover is so eye catching! Very clear what your pack is all about- awesome!
    Aylin :)
    Learning to the Core

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic update! Fonts make a HUGE difference and you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete