Thursday, January 24, 2013

Unique Talents

I had a sub one day last week and when I returned, this is what our Reading Street concept map looked like:

How do talents make someone unique?  Well, let's see....my kiddos think you can be talented at baseball, running, stunts, softball, and growing a beard.  I couldn't help but laugh.  When the kids arrived, I asked them why they thought growing a beard was a talent since most men can do it easily and the TV show "Whisker Wars" came up.
 I'm a little ashamed to say I've actually watched this show before because my brother-in-law recommended it.  He's growing his beard out, but he's got a long way to go to fit in with the guys on this show.  Anyways, I found it hilarious that a handful of my students were well-versed in a show about facial hair.  They have a huge respect for beards of all kinds now.  Maybe I should request the hubby be sportin' a beard the next time he volunteers?

No comments:

Post a Comment