Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Make a Wish!

The coolest thing happened at our school yesterday and I wanted to share.  A boy at our school who has a degenerative disease has been "training" to become a Jedi and wanted to go see some Star Wars thing at Disney World.  The Make-A-Wish Foundation granted that wish and we had a surprise assembly with Star Wars cast for him.  One of my former students is this boy's sister so it was fun to see him and his family receive such an awesome gift.  I'm not big into Star Wars, but even I have to admit the C3P0 and Chewy costumes were quite amazing! :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh this makes my heart happy. Thanks for sharing. What a precious little boy! I didn't realize you were from Utah until this post... I am too! Small world. I grew up in Highland but my hubby, kiddos, and I now live in sunny St. George.

    Kindergarten Kidlets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Mindy! Thanks for the reply. My mother-in-law lives in St. George and with the frigid weather here for the past few weeks, I'd gladly trade you places right now! :)

      Delete
  2. Amazing! I have been at Disney World and spoken to children who are there with the Make a Wish Foundation. They are so amazed and thankful for their experiences. Stories like those just make you happy. Thanks for sharing and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Kathy! It is an amazing organization, indeed!

      Delete