Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Shoe Suggestions?

I'm going to start this post off with a disclaimer: I hate feet.  Really, anything to do with feet and I cringe.  I don't like to touch them or see them.  I don't mind my feet really, but as a general rule, feet gross me out.  I like to imagine a future world where our feet have been replaced by a wheel like the Jetson's robot maid.  :)  So I apologize that this post is all about feet.  With that being said, I am in need of some sage advice from you guys.  What kind of shoes do you wear to work?  Lately, my feet have just been killing me.  I don't get much time throughout the day to sit down so I am constantly on my feet and I feel like I've developed heel spurs because of it.  Thank goodness for the loving hubby who rubs them (almost without complaint) when I get home! <3

I'm in the market for a new, super comfortable pair of shoes that might reduce my foot pain.  I've seen a lot of shoes for medical staff that are white, which doesn't really work for me.  I want something flattish that looks dressy enough to wear with work pants.  After scouring four shoe stores, I haven't found anything, so for now, I've resorted to some Dr. Scholl's inserts, which help, but not much.  I'm sick of having to come home and soak them in a salt bath just to be able to walk in socks (it's that painful right when I take my shoes off!).  I was just curious as to what you wear and if you recommend any good brands or specific shoes that you find comfortable for all-day standing.  Thanks so much for any help! :)

3 comments:

  1. I love my Dansko Professional clogs. I know a lot of people don't like the look of them, but I haven't found any other shoe that I can stand in all day and not be in pain at night. I had to try on several pair of the same clogs (same size too) to find the ones that fit my feet best, as they all had a different feel. I love them because they're a bit loose so my heel isn't rubbing on the back and my high instep isn't effected at all. I hope you find some relief soon!

    coveredinglitterandglue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the late summer/early fall, I wear nothing but FitFlops. They are flip flops but they are the only shoes I can wear and my feet do not bother me AT ALL. I have a pair of FitFlop Clogs for when it turns cool. Go to www.fitflops.com. I have worn Born, Merrell, Alegria, etc but NONE feel as good as FitFlops. Even after all day the first week of school, my feet didn't hurt and were not sore. A colleague wears nothing but OrthaHeel shoes or flip/flops.

    ReplyDelete