Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Fall Fun


Today was absolutely beautiful here!  It was a little overcast with a chilly breeze that made me want to bundle up in a hoodie. I <3 fall!  With or without the weather's cooperation, I've been in a fallish mood because my class has been working on their scarecrow and pumpkin art projects.  We finally finished them and I was able to get the board up.  I think they turned out super cute (minus the creepy ones with red eyes)!


Here's my model I made as the kids made their own:

And here's our finished Pumpkin Patch board!  The pumpkins are part of LessonPlanDiva's How-to Writing Pack.


I figured while I was on a roll, I would link up (a few days late) with Oh' Boy 4th Grade's October Currently.  Here it is!  I'm excited because it's also my first one. :)


And I clearly need more practice with these because you can hardly read it.  Well, if you care it says the following:
Listening: to the ID channel about a serial killer in Indiana.  I love these types of shows every though they make me scared to be at home alone!
Loving: my cute little kitties who are enjoying a pile of warm laundry right now.  I wish my life was that simple!
Thinking: about how hard-working my hubby is.  He's across the room working on his cartography homework, yuck!
Wanting: fall break to start NOW instead of on Thursday.
Needing: a really good back massage.
Book: The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.  I read it every year around Halloween.

The hubby and I tried to make caramel apples the other evening which I did with my mom when I was younger.  I didn't look up any recipes because I figured it couldn't be too hard.  I followed the instructions on the back of caramels, but we must have messed it up because it ended up waaay too hard to eat.  We cheated and bought some from the store instead.  They definitely got me even more into the fall spirit!

And for some more fall deliciousness, my sister over at Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Designs has created this super cute fall-inspired gingham (is that the right word?) digital paper pack for you to use and make all sorts of super cute projects!  Check it out HERE.

Well, that's it for now, ladies and gentlemen.  Have a fabulous fall day!

8 comments:

  1. Adorable pumpkin patch board! I'm glad you found Farley's linky party because it's so much fun to do every month! I'm a new follower and I'm going to go check our your sister's awesome digital paper. :)

    Andrea
    Cheers To School

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your bulletin board with the scarecrows! I need to read Legend of Sleepy Hollow again. I am your newest follower and I am so glad I found you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Tina! Thanks for the comment! :)

      Delete
  3. I love ID channel and anything like it too! It's an obsession! and I love reading Sleepy Hollow each year!
    Rachel
    the tattooed teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel,
      Thanks for stopping by! Glad to know I'm not the only one with that bad little habit. :)

      Delete
  4. I love your scarecrows. I might try that myself. I found you through farley's Oh Boy 4th Grade and her rule of 3.

    Sandra
    www.savvyteachingtips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Sandra! I'll stop by your blog. :)

      Delete