Sunday, September 30, 2012

Shine On, Shine On Harvest Moon!

When my sister and I were little, we watched some musical cartoon (Disney, I think?) all about the harvest moon celebration.  All I remember is the "Shine on, shine on harvest moon!" part of the song and the moon winking at the end.  Anybody else remember that?  Just thought we could share a little blast from the past on this fine Sunday afternoon! :)

This year has been really rough so far and I haven't had much free time to blog.  In fact, I'll be starting a second job here on Tuesday (eek!).  It's just tutoring at a learning center, so it's not hard work, but I'm hoping I can summon up the energy to work a few extra hours after spending the whole day with a class full of third graders. I come home exhausted as it is already. Plus, I still have my ESL endorsement classes, so as you can see, my plate is full!  I really do apologize and I hope I can be a little more present on here in the upcoming months.

Speaking of the moon, I do have a freebie for you today to make up for my absence.  Hooray!  We have begun our study of the moon and its phases in class.  I'm currently working on an entire moon unit to put up in my shop, but I've only been able to make one thing at a time, so I'll let ya'll know when it's ready.


This freebie is a moon tracker that you can use with your kids as they observe the moon each night.  This is a seven day moon tracker, so it's perfect for the younger kiddos as well as the older ones. All they have to do is draw what they see each night.  You can easily extend this project to facilitate more learning if you'd like.  The download includes the tracker and detailed instructions on how to use this in your classroom.  I hope you can find some use for it.  Even if you don't study the moon, it could be fun to use in conjunction with a story about the harvest moon.  You can download it by clicking HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment