Thursday, August 9, 2012

Owl Birthday Homework Pass


Hey, everyone!  Sorry I've been neglecting the blog world this past week, but it's been C-R-A-Z-Y!  My birthday is coming up, so the hubby and I have been making plans for that.  Any other August birthdays out there?  Mine's on the 16th, along with Madonna's.  There's your fun fact for the day! :) My sister-in-law is also expecting her first baby around that time, she there was a shower for her and my mother-in-law is coming to visit with our three nieces which means major house cleaning.  Phew!

I spent a very productive day (finally) in my classroom today and I'm feeling good now about the start of school.  I still have lots to do, but I've worked a lot over the summer, so I'm much farther than I was this time last year.  I made my birthday bags for my students while getting caught up with Mad Men.  I'm excited to be able to do cutesy stuff like that with my third graders.  I forgot to take a picture, but here's what I included in my bags:
  • 2 pencils (1 'Happy Birthday!' pencil and another random one)
  • 2 erasers (fun-shaped ones like dollar bills and cupcakes)
  • 1 packet of Mister Bubble Bath Fizzies
  • 1 cute sea animal water squirter (You have to see these!  They're absolutely adorable!)
  • 1 homework pass
Since I looove owls, I made a quick owl homework pass and printed them onto colored paper to stick in the bags.  I didn't specify whether students could use the pass for all of that night's homework or just one assignment, so if you use these, that's all up to you!  You can check out these passes in my TPT store for free by clicking on the photo below.

Well, I hope to be back on Monday with some pictures for Monday Made It.  I'm working on rainbow-fying my mailbox and I'm halfway done!

1 comment: