Saturday, August 25, 2012

My room is finally finished!


For the most part, that is! Sorry I've been away awhile.  I'm sure you've all been as busy as I have with meetings and to-do lists as I have.  Teachers went back this week for us and the kiddos arrive Monday.  I didn't think I'd be able to get my room ready enough before then without having to come in and work on the weekend, but I pulled it off.  It's mostly thanks to my wonderful hubby who helped me for a day a half doing all the little and unpleasant tasks that take up so much time.  He's a lifesaver! <3

Here are some pictures of my room.  This is a view into my little reading nook area complete with bean bags and pillows.

This is a close-up view of one side of my library with all my newly-categorized books.  This was such a huge pain in the butt that I will NEVER redo this again.  At least not without a few years to work on it!

This is to the left of my library where we walk in the door.  I've got the mailbox and pencil station set up there and the bookshelf has my turn in, pass back baskets, as well as all the student dictionaries and thesauri. 

Here's a quick view from standing in front of the door.  My desk is still messy, but it was the last thing on my priority list, so don't judge!

Here's another view from a front corner of the room.  I hate that portables have no storage.  I literally have nowhere to put anything and I hate my boxes being visible to everyone, but I don't have a solution for that.

Here's my student work board.  I just love how it turned out!  It's probably one of my favorite boards to date.

Here are all my boards on that side of the room.  The center is my job chart wall and on the right is my behavior wall with my clip chart. One thing that is nice about my portable is all the board space.  Classrooms in the building have walls that you can staple into, so they can post thing anywhere.  I at least feel like I'm not wanting for bulletin board space in here.

Here's a picture into my Reading Street area with my Concept Board.  My calendar and lunch count is also over there since I had no where else to put it.  Stupid Reading Street takes up so much space! I'll take better pictures once I have it in use.

Here's the bulletin board I have in the school.  My hubby did the wonderful tree and the owls were made from the free template you can find at my TPT store.

Well, that's about enough of that, I suppose.  It's really overwhelming to think that next year I'll have to start all over since I'm moving in the building (for sure this time!), but it'll be so worth it!

I'm sharing a freebie with the other third grade teachers out there that you can give to your kiddos at the end of the first day of school or any day at the beginning of the year really.  Just sign your name to these notes, copy onto cardstock, cut, and then slide a Dum Dum sucker through the slits.  I'm giving these to my kiddos at the end of the first day.  You can get them from my TPT store by clicking HERE.

I hope you're all getting back into the swing of things and that the year has started smoothly for you all!  I'm excited to finally be back to a routine.  I probably won't do much blogging during the week now that school's starting, but it's definitely my goal to post on the weekends.

Thanks for reading!

16 comments:

  1. Your room looks great! Good luck on Monday!!


    Aimee
    aimee@vanmiddlesworth.org
    Pencils, Books, and Dirty Looks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your classroom! It looks awesome! I am looking forward to finally getting in my room on Monday..I will post pictures at some point.
    Hope your year is off to a great start.
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie,
      Thank you! I can't believe you had to wait so long to get into your room. Hopefully you didn't have too much to do (I'm sure you're laughing right now!).

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Ms. B. That's what my kids call me too! :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! The template I used is available for free in my TPT store.

      Delete
  5. I just LOVE your classroom and that owl bulletin board is to die for!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The template is a freebie in my TPT store if you'd like it! :)

      Delete
  6. Your room looks so cute, I love the owls! Thanks for the idea on how to use dum dum suckers in a positive way. I have a container of almost 1,000 dum dum lollipops left over from our school carnival and I couldn't for the life of me think of a cute phrase. I will keep this in mind for the future. Have fun on Monday!!!

    :) Nicole
    Tadpole Tidbits
    www.mrscorbitt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was gonna try to make the Dum Dum tree project I've seen floating around Pinterest all year to use up my extra ones.

      Delete