Wednesday, July 25, 2012

New Blogger Hop and an Award!!!

 
 I was so excited that the blog world led me to Grade Three is the Place for Me!'s blog.  She was hosting a newbie blogger hop and I was able to enter for the first time.  I'm hoping to make more teacher/blogger friends, otherwise, what else was the point of this blog?! :)  To participate in this blog hop, I need to answer 5 questions.
  1. I currently live in Salt Lake City, Utah, although I was born and raised in Illinois.
  2. I am currently a 3rd grade teacher. 
  3. I've taught 2 years of self-contained 6th and this will be my first year in third.  Before I found a job, I was a special ed aide for first and second graders.  I student taught in 8th and 5th grade.
  4. I started blogging this past spring.
  5. Blogger tip: Make it easy for others to visit your blog.  When you post a comment, leave a link to your own blog.  Copy this code and replace the caps with your information to create a link:  <a href="http://YOURBLOGURL">BLOG TITLE</a>
On another WONDERFUL note, I've been given 'The Versatile Blogger' Award from Grade Three is the Place for Me! I have to give 7 random facts about myself so here goes:
  1. I am (trying) to teach myself how to play the banjo.  I can play Bile 'Em Cabbage Down and that's about it! :)
  2. I love watching Disney movies even though I don't have any children. 
  3. I got married in Alaska and honeymooned in Paris.
  4. I got a Bachelor's degree in French before I got my teaching degree.  Oui, oui!
  5. I played softball in high school and college, but didn't hit my first home run (it was legit!) until the annual faculty vs. 6th grade softball game this past year.
  6. I'm only *slightly* embarrassed to say that I love watching America's Next Top Model and Vampire Diaries.
  7. I "met" my husband on the Internet. (I know, I know!) BUT we've been together for 7 years and married for 1 of those, so I'd say it worked out in our favor. <3
Here are the rules for the Versatile Blogger Award:

1. Thank the blogger who nominated you
2. Include a link to their blog
3. Include the award image in your post
4. Give 7 random facts about yourself
5. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award
6. When nominating, include a link to their blog
7. Let other bloggers know they've been nominated

These are my nominations:
  • iTeach 
  •  
  • Multiage Moments 
  • Reaching for the TOP! 
  • Button 
  • Teaching Third 
  • Third Grade Bookworm 
  • Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After 
 If you're here as a newbie blogger (or not!), follow me and then join the blog hop below!  I'm anxiously awaiting 50 followers so I can have my first giveaway.


8 comments:

  1. Rebby,
    What a beautiful blog! Looks like you have some fantastic ideas and are good at blogging! LOL! I'm still getting started, but I have given you an award. Check my blog to nab it! :)

    Jenna
    Miss Fuerst's Reading Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenna,
      I LOVE your blog design! It's so cute and unique. I wish I had found it BEFORE my paid blog makeover yesterday. :( Thanks so much for the award!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad I'm finding more third grade teachers. I'm excited to be your newest follower.

    Carolyn
    http://thirdgradeadventuresinelbert.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found me! This is my first year in third so I'm excited to share ideas with those experienced in the grade.

      Delete
  3. I'm a big Disney movie fan too! My poor husband has to listen to my sing along with all of the songs while we watch...he's a good sport :)

    I have nominated you for a blog award! Hop over to my blog to pick it up!

    Jackie
    Crazy Daze in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fact that he watches gets him big brownie points! My hubby has gotten to the point that whenever I put one in, he wanders away with something new and interesting to do! LOL

      Thanks for the award! I'll stop by your blog.
      Rebecca

      Delete
  4. Just found your blog through the hop and am your newest follower. I'd love it if you stopped by.:)
    Kristin
    iTeach 1:1

    ReplyDelete
  5. The banjo? You go girl! My sister is giving me her old guitar, and I'm going to try to teach myself how to play.

    ReplyDelete