Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday Made It


Hey, everyone!  I'm linking up with Tara today from 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made It!  This is my first time joining this linky and I'm very happy to share my projects with all you amazing teachers/artists/crafters out there. :)
 During all my blog hopping and Pinterest perusing this summer, I came across the "Teacher Toolbox" that so many of you have made and shared pictures of.  I thought it was a great way to get my desk organized and it didn't break the bank either.  I got my toolbox, called a 22 Stack-On, from Lowe's for about $15 I believe.  My hubby spray painted the outside black for me so it would match my labels better.  The original blue was pretty but just didn't vibe with the colors on the labels.  Here is it all finished!
I'm very pleased with how it turned out!  I got the labels for FREE from TPT, can you believe it?  Thanks so much to Kristen for being so generous! They're customizable and everything, so if you're interested, click HERE to check them out.
Do you remember the Bedazzler, ladies?  I got one for a birthday or something when I was a kid and I remember I went crazy with that thing!  I bedazzled everything I could get my hands on, except for my clothes, which my mother refused to let me bling out.  I tried to explain to her that the whole point of a Bedazzler was to add some fun stuff to your jeans, but she wasn't buying it, lol.  Barbie's wardrobe benefited most from my gift. :)
Anyway, to this day I love to embellish boring things with shiny or glittery components.  I'm like a bug to a light that way, I suppose.  I'm easily distracted by bling!  When I started teaching a few years ago, I took a boring desk bell and used some Mod Podge and tiny rhinestones to make it gorgeous.  After two years, I've only had 2 jewels fall off, and I replaced the missing ones this week.  Here's my bedazzled bell!
I went into my room today and got a lot done with the help of the hubby.  (Thanks for doing all the heavy lifting, babe! <3)  Tomorrow I'll be back to announce my giveaway, so make sure you check back to get yourself entered to win some goodies!

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! It was so easy to make!

      Delete
  2. I should post my Toolbox too! I love yous! Like your bell too! My 2 aides gave me one that they actually bought at Pier One. You could sell yours!:)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should post my Toolbox too! I love yous! Like your bell too! My 2 aides gave me one that they actually bought at Pier One. You could sell yours!:)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this idea! With the template it will be done in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to find another 3rd grade teacher to follow! I love your toolbox. I made one too and can't wait to fill it up.

    Megan

    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your bedazzled bell! I think I've found another project to add to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the blingy bell! The toolbox is cute too. :) I came from Third Grade's A Hoot. (Followed you, your store, posted here and off to follow 3GAH!) Thanks for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That bell is to die for! LOVE.

    I am your newest follower!

    kindergartenkidlets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that organizer!! My desk usually is a hot mess!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, I've GOT to make that organizer! I've seen it all over blog land and Pinterest and now I'm determined!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yowee, ZOweee I wonder if I have time to do this yet for this year??? I have so enjoyed Pinterest this summer and the new linkups of virtual teaching friends...but I've spent too much time gathering ideas and hey...it's AUGUST! Yikes. I love this and thank you, Rebecca for detailing where you got the parts. I truly must do this if I can on my week at the beach. (I actually like to take a project along so...let's hope I can pull the pieces together by SAT!) BTW, I LOVE your bejeweled bell. And so would my third grade girls! Thanks a bunch for all you give to us out here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great way to jazz up your bell! I need to go out and purchase some bling for my bell!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I featured my toolbox this week too! Cute bell! Great idea to bling it out! I found you on the Made it Monday linky....I would love if you would check out my blog!Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  14. This toolbox has been my favorite "pinterest" made it for my classroom..thanks for sharing the labels.

    Amanda Estrada

    ReplyDelete