Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Just 5 Weeks! Eeek!

I can't believe I've only got about five weeks until school starts up again.  I have so much to do between now and then, it's stressful to think about!  I just keep reminding myself that if I was able to get my room ready to go my first year of teaching in only 3 days, then I can definitely get it together with 5 weeks to go. Just breathe, wooosaaaa! :) 

I had a mini-meltdown when the hubby and I pulled out the little tent I was planning on using in my reading area of my classroom only to find that the rods were all missing.  Evidently they got put away somewhere else and got lost in the process of our move. I panicked and pouted for awhile and almost scrapped the camping theme altogether in a vicious fury.  I recovered and still have yet to solve my tent dilemma as I really do not want to spend money on another tent, but if that's what I have to do, I guess I have no choice.

Tomorrow I am going into my room for the first time to work.  I popped in to pick up a few things a couple of weeks ago and I saw that my room had been half cleaned.  I'm hoping that tomorrow everything will be shifted to the other side of the room, telling me that I can really get to work.  If not, then I'll just have to stick with getting my bulletin boards up and ready to go and do the bigger stuff when I can.  Overall, my goals for tomorrow are as follows:
  • get my 'Camp Rules' board up and done (which means I have to make my rules today, bleh)
  • set up calendar and lunch count board
  • put up welcome board (not sure if I want this on an actual board or on the door)
  • get all other boards covered and with borders
  • set up the furniture in my room (assuming I can, of course)
That's probably more than a day's work right there, but we'll see how it goes.  I'll take pics to post as I get finished.

I've been working hard on making more projects with my 'Camping in the Forest' theme and I have a freebie for you all today, should you want it!  I made up these charts to match the theme and they're available HERE in my TPT store.  You can use them to keep track of attendance, reading minutes, behavior, achievements, etc.  There really are so many things to do with charts like these.  I plan on using them for attendance and keeping track of who's mastered their various multiplication facts.  Hope you like them!

1 comment: