Saturday, July 14, 2012

Gettin' Organized

I find it funny that the majority of teachers have a Type A personality (or so I've been told).  I fit in that category and while I have given myself a few weeks to not think about teaching, I'm all ready to go again.  I've been thinking more about my theme and getting the more mundane things checked off my to-do list.  I went shopping the other day and picked up some brown fabric for my bulletin boards as well as a cursive book and some borders.  Cursive is no longer in our curriculum, but I am still going to teach it anyway.  I should have thought about the fact that I always write in cursive before I decided to teach 3rd grade.  I'm going to have to print most of the time which I absolutely HATE to do.  Not to mention my cursive is much prettier! :)

I also got around to making my plan book for this year.  I kind of want everything to coordinate (hello, type A!) so I made a teacher plan book to use that goes along with my name plates and calendar set.  I really liked how it turned out and I learned some things since the last plan book I made for my first year of teaching.  Here are a few pics.  I'm excited to use it and listed it in my TPT store.


On another note, it's RAINING!  We can definitely use it around here.  I think I might go relax in the rain in the hot tub and 'chillax' to quote my students.  Hope everyone's staying cool!

1 comment: