Thursday, July 26, 2012

Clip Chart Freebies! Yay!

I am so excited to start using the clip chart system.  It seems like such a simple, yet effective tool for classroom management.  I feel like I've tried everything from a money system to stickers to self-monitoring and it's just all so much work for me as the teacher.  I wanted something that would work, but not break the bank or wear me out. I've found lots of teachers (a few even teach 3rd!) who have used this in past years and have nothing but good things to say about it.  I really owe thanks to Pinterest for helping me find wonderful bloggers who had experience with this system.  I was then directed to the leader of it all, Rick Morris, and his FREE (can you believe it?) Clip Chart e-book.  I was hooked after reading it!

Now that I've changed themes, I needed a new clip chart to match.  Here's my Whimsical Birdies Behavior Clip Chart from my TPT store.

Isn't it darling?  It was kinda difficult to come up with bird-related sayings to use, but with my help of my genius hubby, I found ones that I felt fit well.  You can get this for free by clicking HERE.  I've been wrestling with the TPT site all morning and for some reason it won't let me post any pictures for this item because it redirects me to log in.  I've tried it like thirty times and have given up for now, but I will fix it as soon as I'm able.

I've also finished making the take-home part of my clip chart system.  I'll have the kids color the boxes each day to represent their behavior and take home for parent initials.  I'll collect again on Monday and give any student with a completed chart a treat or prize of some kind.  I'm happy with how it turned out.  I made it more generic with just colors in the key instead of specific headings so you can use it with any clip chart as long as the colors match up.  However, the product is an editable word file so you can change it however you like to fit your room!  You can get this for free from my TPT store (once again, no pic yet) by clicking HERE.

I spent a big chunk of my time yesterday going through the first week of Unit 1 for Reading Street and besides feeling like I won't have enough time for everything, I'm feeling pretty comfortable with it.  I no longer cry when I look at the teacher's manual! :) LOL

Saturday is my wedding anniversary and the hubby and I are going to Nevada for the weekend.  We're getting massages and going to try our luck with the slot machines.  I'm crossing my fingers that I can win enough to retire in five years. If that doesn't work out, I'll be happy to just break even! :)  This is our first anniversary, but I really hate saying that because we've been together for over 7 years now and I don't like that I have to start all over again.  I hope you all have as much fun this weekend as I'm going to be having! And if you haven't noticed, I finally reached 50 followers and will be having a giveaway soon.  I'm hoping I can find some TPT sellers to donate something small for the occasion.  If you're interested, send me an email at rrboudin@gmail.com.  Thanks all!


16 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Thanks for sharing!
    I'm your newest follower! Stop by my blog when you can.
    Laura
    Mrs. Castro's Class

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following, Laura! I'm off to check out your blog now! :)

      Delete
  2. Rebecca,
    That is so cute! Wish my theme was birds! The chart will help you get a handle on behavior! After a while though I stopped using it because I thought it had been effective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that, Debbie! I'd much rather stop using a behavior tool because it works rather than doesn't!

      Delete
  3. I love the birdies!! They are so cute! I am a new follower and I hope you wil stop by my blog when you can! I found you on Facebook.

    Teresa

    2nd Grade Pig Pen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teresa,
      Thanks so much for following me. :) I had no idea you could find me on facebook, but if it led you here it must be a good thing, lol! I'm off to check out your blog now.

      Delete
  4. Wanted to mention that I have awarded you The Lovely Blog Award...check it out on my blog. Congratulations!

    Teise's Tidbits

    http://525927.blogspot.com2012/07/blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted you to know that I have nominated you for an award. I am a new follower and look forward to learning from you!

    Stop by my blog to pick up your award!
    www.thebombdiggityclassroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Love the birds! Thanks for the weekly chart as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the clip chart! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I call my class, Chickadees. This is adorable. I am a new follower and am now going to read through the rest of your blog posts for more ideas!

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! I am in the process of looking for a strategy to use for my Kindergarten class. I am a first year teacher and never shy away from advice or help. I love this idea. It just doesn't go along with my theme (Furry Friends). How did you create the chart?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just used Word (I have an outdated 2007 version I think) and some clipart I bought. Just takes a little time and patience!

      Delete
  10. Such an adorable freebie! Thanks for sharing! Just pinned it for ya! :)

    FlapJack Educational Resources Blog

    ReplyDelete