Thursday, July 19, 2012

Clip Chart Freebie

I went to school today for the first time to work and I didn't get as much done as I hoped.  My carpet wasn't finished, so I couldn't move any furniture around, which meant I could only work on my bulletin boards.  I am starting to regret my forest theme because I'm really sick of brown, orange, and green by now.  I have a big bulletin board reserved for my Reading Street concept board and I'm going to use a red background with my Dots on Turquoise trim and letters.  I don't care at this point that they don't fit my theme because I just need something BRIGHT!  Since three and a half hours of my day are going to be dedicated to Reading Street, I need my board to scream energy and brown just doesn't do it for me.  Here are my (unfinished) boards that I worked on in 90 degree heat today since being in a portable means my air conditioner gets turned off in the summer!

My calendar board will have the birthday chart, school lunch menu, student lunch cards, and lunch choice pockets on it as well.  It looks a little bare at the moment, I know!  My 'Camp Rules' board is going to be rearranged so that the rules are farther up and my class jobs will be below them.  Right now I'm not too thrilled with how they look, but I'm hoping that once I get everything else I need up there, it'll look much better.

You may remember that I painstakingly put together a bright clip chart to use this year.  With my new theme, I just didn't feel like it matched too well and I was worried it was too big for the kids to use (how tall is the average third grader anyway?) so I made a camping themed one on the computer instead.  It took a lot less effort and I was very pleased with the result.  My favorite step is the 'Something Stinks!' with the little skunk.

Cute, right?  I've put the chart in my TPT store for free.  Get it HERE!  It doesn't include how to use a clip chart in general, so if you need more info on that, let me know.  Hope you like it!

15 comments:

  1. Your clip chart is too stink' cute (haha--sorry I wanted my comment to fit with your theme!!)

    I'm happy I found your blog--I'm your newest follower :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the freebie!
    Very cute!!
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was doing camping theme that was an awesome chart. I just bought all my snoopy stuff though. Good luck with your first year in 3rd. I am on my 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog and followed! Such cute camp stuff!! Love it!

    Laura
    Peace, Love, and First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your clip chart! I wish I had a camp theme just so I could use it! Awesome job! Can't wait to read through more of your blog.

    Amanda
    Reaching for the TOP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the love, ladies! I appreciate it and am glad you liked the clip chart.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your clip chart, super cute! I'm your newest follower.
    Colleen
    Totally Terrific in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this chart- but it said invalid file on TPT.... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brittany,
      I have no idea what happened with it because it was working without problems before. I've re-uploaded the file and I can download it now with the 'invalid file' message. Try it again. If that still doesn't work for whatever reason, I can email it to you!

      Delete
    2. Ugh...I meant to say WITHOUT the 'invalid file' message. It's late! :)

      Delete
  9. SOOOOOO CUTE!!! What an adorable clip chart! :) I'm your newest follower and am loving your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you have the classroom rules on tpt? Or can you email me yours? I absolutely love them!! Britt746@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just printed mine! I can't wait to get in and get it laminated! This is the perfect compliment to my camping theme. BTW, the sky and water are blue. I think your turquoise probably fit just fine! Curious... are you still using the camping theme?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! I love all of this! Where can I find the PDFs for the rules you have above?

    ReplyDelete