Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Cake and a Banner


Well, I've officially created my second Pinterest project!  It's not teaching related, but I thought it might be fun to share.  I needed to make a dessert for a barbecue the hubby and I were going to and I wanted to do something unique. This cake popped up on Pinterest.  Sure, it looked like a watermelon, but I was sold when it supposedly TASTED like watermelon, too!  Of course, sometimes I hate Pinterest because it makes me feel like I can do anything and have it turn out like the picture, when in fact, that is very far from the truth.  So, ignoring the fact that I ran out of green icing but had waaay too much pink icing left over and that I almost burned the apartment complex down while trying to bake this baby, I was very surprised with the turnout! :)  And yes, it did taste like watermelon! You should visit this lady's website because she's quite impressive with her cakes.  Click on the original watermelon cake picture to see her blog and the recipe for this summery cake! 
 I also got around to making my banner that will hang over my rules and consequences board in my classroom.  I tried to use the orange, green, and brown that will be a constant color for my room, but I wanted to brighten it up with some girlier colors the best I could.  I think it turned out really cute!  It wasn't as big as I imagined it would be in my head, but it actually turned out the perfect size for my board anyway.  Funny how things work out, huh? I made this using the 'Straight from the Nest' and 'Cuttin' Up' cartridges for the Cricut.
Today I'm going to Park City, or should I say 'Park Silly' since that's what they call it, believe it or not.  It's some little street festival thing and Ian's dad requested we go with him for Father's Day, so hopefully that will be fun.  I wish I could spend the day with my dad, but he's back in the midwest.  Happy Father's Day, Dad! I love you! :)
Until next time, Campers!

2 comments:

  1. Love Pinterest!! The cake looks great---I saw a pin on pinterest for Watermelon fudge too!! I actually just tasted it this past week, and it's pretty good! ;)

    Thanks for stopping by!
    ღDeAnne
    First Grade and Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  2. DeAnne,
    It's so difficult to imagine my life before Pinterest! How crazy is that, lol? Thanks for reading!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete