- 'Campfire Tales' to display student writing
- 'Camping Out With a Good Book'
- 'Word Watching' for a word wall instead of bird watching, get it? :)
- 'Whooo's In Our Class?' or 'Whooo's Here Today?' for display or attendance board
- 'Making Tracks in _____' (input subject here)
- 'Fishing for Good Behavior/Work'
- 'S'more Great Work' to display student work
- 'Work to Buzz About' to display student work
- 'Camp/Lodge Rules' for rule chart
- 'Look Who's 'Pitching' In!' for job chart
|I absolutely LOVE her beehive string of lights on the 'Camp Rules' bulletin board.|
|We're ready to learn s'more! Too cute!|
|Another board for 'Camp Rules' that I might try to replicate.|
|Another s'more title! This could be cute with cotton balls as the marshmallows.|
|This tent is just perfect! I don't think you can have a camp theme without one. I have a two-person tent I can bring, but it might be too big...|
I know I will make some kind of 3D tree in my reading area, but I'm not quite sure exactly how yet. That'll come to me later (I hope!). I will also be making some kind of fake campfire to put in the reading area as well. I've seen lots of different ways on the Internet (paper mache, real wood with tissue paper, fan with tissue paper, tissue paper and Christmas lights, etc.) so I'll just have to play around with things and see what works best for me. I'm also going to find some cheap tackle boxes to use as caddies for tables and battery-operated lanterns to place around the room. I get a little sad when I think of camping because it reminds me of fireflies and we don't have those in Utah. Things like that make me miss the midwest. :(
Has anyone else done a camping/outdoors theme in their room? I'd love to see pictures or hear your wonderful ideas. Anything to keep me inspired!