Monday, April 9, 2012

Spring Break, It Seems Like Forever...

Really, it does.  Today was the first day back to school and it was bittersweet.  I was very happy to see the kiddos, but seriously sad about actually having to be productive.  It didn't help that I threw my back out while blow drying my hair this morning.  I've only done that twice and yes, both times were after I dried my hair upside down (volume, ladies!).  So that definitely made for a painful day!

My TPT store has been cruising along nicely.  I've had 3 sales and I'm super excited about this, even if it doesn't seem like much.  I'm working on a new pack about force and motion, but it's going to be much bigger.  I'm excited to use it next year in third grade!

I don't have too much to add, but I wanted to stop by so you knew I was still alive! :)  As I was browsing Pinterest, my new favorite pastime, I stumbled upon a cute new blog that inspired me.  It's called Tupelo Honey.  It's more than just a teacher blog because she takes a lot of photos of everyday life and posts about recipes and such.  Anyway, I found some cute pictures from her classroom on there.


The day I saw this quick punctuation lesson on Pinterest, I cracked up.  In fact, I was so tickled by it that I wrote it on the board for my students and they liked it, too!  I'm such a stickler for good grammar that I appreciate the funny anecdote.  She made this into a poster and I think I'll definitely be doing that this upcoming year, too!  If not for my kids, then for me when I need a quick laugh.

I have a pretty wide whiteboard in my future classroom, but I never thought about using borders or cutesy tape to help segment it.  (Did I mention I'll be inside next year?  Bye, bye, portable!) I put my schedule in the same place she does, but it just looks so much nicer on her board.  I can't believe I never thought of this myself!  That's what teaching blogs are for though, right?  :)


My favorite thing from her classroom, though is this heartwarming "letter" to her students.  It looks like she painted it herself, but I think I could easily make a poster instead since paint is very rarely my friend.  What a sweet way to remind students that you're always there for them!


Well, sadly, that's about all I have for today.  I'll keep updating as I find great new classroom inspiration!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment