Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I've Never Been Tagged...

I was browsing wonderful teacher blogs, like I seem to do all the time lately and I stumbled upon *Mrs. Bainbridge's Class* post about anyone who's never been tagged officially being tagged. Well, that applies to me since I'm a newbie blogger and I thought I'd take up the offer.  I'm a little late, but I hope it's not a big deal because I'm going with it!  I'm also embarrassed to admit I don't know what a "linky" or "linking party" is.  :(  Is it as simple as it sounds? Please fill me in so I can officially feel like I belong in the blogging world!  Back to being tagged...here are my answers to Christina's questions:

1.)  Do you scrapbook?  If so, what's your favorite tool?  If not... why?
I do not scrapbook.  I actually own a few and have about a dozen completed pages in total.  I genuinely enjoy the hobby, but I once worked night and day on a scrapbook for a Christmas present and ever since then, I've been all scrapbooked out.  Hopefully someday it will seem exciting to me again!

2.)  Favorite 80s TV show

Hmm...I'd have to say 'The Golden Girls.'  Gotta love Betty White!

3.)  Do you keep your toenails painted?

Yes, but I hate doing it, so I'll paint them once and then wear the same color until they're borderline unprofessional and then I'll redo them.  In the wintertime, I tend to go much longer.  In the summertime it's about once every two weeks.

4.)  What is your favorite bean?
I loooove green beans.  Especially if they're cut French-style.

5.)  What was your favorite doll's name as a kid?
I had a porcelain doll that reminded me of Samantha from American Girls (which I sooo wanted to have, but could never afford) and her name was Rebecca, just like me, so it was a win-win!

6.)  Coffee or tea?
I could never choose between the two.  I have tea more often since I usually drink a cup of green tea with honey each night, but I love coffee in all forms (thanks a lot, Starbucks!).  I have southern blood, so I'll never pass down a nice cup of sweet tea, either.

7.)  Bath or shower?

Shower!  It's got to be an amazing bathtub to make me choose otherwise.

8.)  What is your favorite item in your classroom?
The summer when I got my first job, I was so excited, I bought a bell and glued pretty little rhinestones all around the edge of it to make it more "me."  I still have it, although a few of the stones have fallen off and I need to reglue them.  I should post a picture of that bell sometime...

9.)  Funniest classroom moment summed up in 10 words or less...
Spider bigger than a quarter makes for a panicked teacher!

10.)  Either one name you'd NEVER name a child or one name you'd LOVE to name a child based on students you've had in your class... and you don't even have to tell us if it's a NEVER or a LOVE... just the name!  ;)
Even though I don't particularly care for the name, I've had a Hannah every year and she's always blown my socks off by what a great and amazing kid she is, so it seems like a good bet for one of my children.

OK, because I've only got a few teacher followers so far, I'll extend this tag to anyone who'd like to complete it!  Here are my questions for you:
1) Do you have any pets?  If so, what?
2) What's for dinner? (I'm having lasagna for the record.)
3) To which education-related product are you addicted?
4) Favorite classroom activity?
5) Favorite children's book?
6) Cash or debit card?
7) Favorite TV series (past or present)?
8) Biggest pet peeve?
9) Most embarrassing teaching moment?
10) Apple or Droid?

Tag, you're it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment