Saturday, April 14, 2012

A Colorful Day

Today was a really great day!  First off, I finished my newest pack for my TPT store.  It took a long time, but I'm very proud of it and am excited to be able to use this with my kiddos next year.  It has 25 pages including worksheets, review pages, experiments, a center activity, concept map, and student vocabulary cards, and anchor charts.  It covers force, motion, gravity, push and pull, and friction.  Check it out here!


After I finished this up, the hubby took me out to lunch and to the zoo.  That's one of our favorite date places because we used to go to the free zoo in St. Louis when we were first dating since we were so poor.  I personally think the St. Louis zoo is amazing in comparison to our zoo here, but as long as the animals are happy, that's all that matters.

After the zoo, we changed into our white clothes and headed over to the Holi Festival of Colors, which was right down the street from my house.  It was the first time we've gone to this and one of my students highly recommended it.  It was such a blast!  There's music in the background and you buy these packs of environmentally safe colored powders and throw them around at others.  At certain times during the festival they have a countdown and everyone lets their colors fly.  The only down side was when some guy thought it would be funny to pitch a handful of blue powder into my mouth while I was talking.  Grrr!  All in all, it was a really fun way to celebrate diversity.  Here's a pic of the hubby and I "colorfied."

Since my day was filled with so much color and because so many people enjoyed the bright flashcard freebie from my last pack, I'm happy to give some color to all of you wonderful teachers out there.  I added my flashcards from my Force and Motion Pack as a freebie at my TPT store.  You can get them here.


I hope you all had as nice of a day as I did.  I'll see you around the blogosphere!

No comments:

Post a Comment